JIRA - Visma Severa Integration
JIRA - Visma Severa Integration transfers data between Atlassian JIRA and Visma Severa.
What is needed?
- Visma Severa, Visma Severa API add-on and user's API key, and Activity management add-on when absences will be transferred.
- Atlassian JIRA and user's credentials.
- Please, make sure that if you use JIRA plugin e.g. for hour entries, it will store its data in JIRA.
- You may use Tempo which stores its worklogs in Tempo instead in JIRA. In this case you must use that option in configuration. Otherwise worklogs will not be transferred.
What is the goal?
- Enter projects and their issues only in JIRA or enter cases and their phases only in Severa.
- Enter work hours only in JIRA and create invoices in Severa. No need to do double work by entering work hours in two systems. Less mistakes.
How does it work?
- First you will decide which is the source system and then you will link cases with projects or with issues.
- When JIRA is the source then you will enter issues in JIRA and the integration will transfer them to Severa as phase hierarchy under its case.
- When Severa is the source then you will enter phases in Severa and the integration will transfer them to JIRA as sub-tasks under its issue.
- When user enters work log in JIRA then the integration will transfer them to Severa as an hour entries, or as activities (see instructions).
How to use it?
- The integration runs on the cloud therefore you do not have to install it. You only need to configure it and start a trial.
- The integration runs periodically (every 30 minutes).
The prices are with 0% VAT.
- JIRA - Visma Severa Integration, Professional Edition29.00 €/month
- JIRA - Visma Severa Integration, Business Edition39.00 €/month
- JIRA - Visma Severa Integration, Enterprise Edition49.00 €/month
Links to blog (will open in a new page)
Once you sign in or sign up you can configure the integration and then start a trial.
Configuration (requires sign in)